PTA has changed the procedure to activate a new Sim in Pakistan. As the PTA says: “Using a SIM which is not registered in your name or allowing others to use your SIM is a crime”. PTA always wants the most secure usage of Telecommunication. The Sim activation method 2013 is the most secure.
Procedure to Activate Sim:
To activate your new sim, follow the below steps:
- Buy a new Sim from any retailer or Customer Service Centre or Franchise Centre of the related Sim network.
- Give the seller your CNIC No. (ID Card Number).
- Put the Sim into your mobile phone.
- Now, make a free call to 789.
- The customer will be required CNIC Number and some other personal information like full name and mother’s name.
- Provide your truthful information as in NADRA records.
- Your information will be verified by helpline through NADRA database.
- If your information in verified, your Sim will be activated within 1 hour.